Will my career dictate where I live next?

Will my career dictate where I live next?

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Option ONE : Kiwi Babies

Three years ago I visited Queenstown New Zealand to jump from the second highest bungee spot in the world called the Nevis. It was part of a three-jump package accurately called the Thrilogy. As I prepared to jump from the 404 foot high jump that would take me on an 8 second freefall, I was surrounded by a sky box full of people with nervous excitement. As I looked out over the vast rocky valley I was about to plunge myself into, I thought to myself, “I’m home.”

That sounds like a weird suicide attempt as I re-read what I just wrote, but it is more of a deep feeling of being surrounded by like minded people (active, adventure seekers) in a environment that inspires me (gorgeous landscapes, nature). Since then, I have often said, “I just want to move to New Zealand and have kiwi babies!” New Zealand is the only place I have traveled that made me feel like was home. The only place that I would think of when thinking about starting a family. Since I could take what I'm doing here over there, my first life destination to consider is sending my portfolio over to agencies in New Zealand. There is more work opportunities in Australia, so in the event that you choose this as my life destination, I will also pursue work in there. (It’s closer to making my kiwi baby dream true than staying on this side of the world.)

4 comments:

  1. I will always vote for New Zealand! SO that you can sponsor me when you become a citizen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for this. I have never in my life felt "home" and if you are lucky enough to have found that, I saw go for it! You can always travel and natasha will always be your best friend. ---jennifer d.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kiwi babies all the way! My vote is for NZ. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie I will never forget you being here in New Zealand and playing with my kids. I would be THRILLED for you guys to MOVE TO NEW ZEALAND and start making some cute kiwis! Come on over! - Big hugs, Kedron

    http://www.newzealandnow.govt.nz/

    ReplyDelete

Bestiversary trip

Bestiversary trip
Natasha and Annie in NYC

Teaching English in India

Teaching English in India
To exhiled Tibetans, newly arriving to Northern India.

New Zealand Arcade Game

New Zealand Arcade Game
Sheep sheering. How could I not fall in love with those wacky Kiwis?

The Nevis

The Nevis
Bungee. Where you meet people as crazy as you are.